Through this Medify Air MA-40 review, we’ll clarify some of the most important factors you should consider before making your purchase. In this air purifier buying guide, you’ll also find some additional models from Medify and other brands.
How about having an air purifier that filters out tiny particles and other air pollutants by 0.1 microns.
How about having an air purifier that purifies and cleans the air while humidifying it? Now, imagine if that same air purifier produces fresh and healthy air combined with lovely scents? In this article, you’ll find out everything you need to know about the Medify air purifier before purchasing it.
Disclaimer: The content of this post contains affiliate links that may earn us a commission. This is to support free content creation for this website without affecting the price you pay.
Modern air purifiers are quite a pick. However, companies and brands are focusing not only on performance but on design aesthetics too.
You would like an air purifier that would perform its functions, as well as beautify your home. This is what other people want too as they normally place it in the living room.
The Medify MA-40 Air Purifier is produced by a company in the USA known as Medify Air, which has launched modern purifiers over the years. This appliance is a very good one as regards the performance and design of a super air purifier.
Let’s proceed to our Medify Air purifier reviews.
Medify MA-40 Air Purifier Usage And Maintenance Guide
Where To Place It: You should place the air purifier in an area where air can easily circulate through it. Also, note that the air inlet or outlet should not be blocked but should be kept free.
It should be 50cm away from the wall and should not be connected to the same socket that the TV is plugged in. For maximum performance, without any inconveniences and interference, keep it 3 feet away from the TV or more.
Cleaning the sensor: Ensure you clean the particle sensor twice every month with a cotton cloth. It should be kept dry all the time.
Filter: The filter should be changed every six months or within every 3000 hours of usage and you need to use the original replacement filter. Clean the filter surface with a dust collector, as well as the particle sensor and the back cover.
Caution: As maintenance, read the user manual and heed the instructions there. Clean the air purifier always with a dry cloth and don’t forget to unplug the device when it’s not in use. It should always be unplugged when not in use.
Medify Air MA-40 Review
Have you been to a luxury hotel before? I’m sure you know how the air smells there; very fresh and savory. Well, the secret is air purification. It may interest you to know that you can get that same level of fresh air with the Medify MA-40 air purifier. Medify is a household name and they provide high-quality air purifiers to top luxury hotels all over the world including Las Vegas, Mumbai, Atlantic City, Hong Kong, and so on.
- It has a great design of the modern future
- An easy-to-use touchscreen control panel
- Comes with a True HEPA filter and has a great filter life
- It has a 3-in-1 combined filter pack
- Removes odor with the thick activated carbon filter
- Runs an Ion generator without emitting any bad odor
- Comes with a Built-in particle (PM2.5) sensor and a filter life indicator
- Can be switched to night mode in case you don’t like lights
- Has a child lock feature
- Very easy to use, move and maintain
- Can’t be controlled with a remote control or an app
- Could be noisy at night
- Expensive to change the replacement filter
- It has no AHAM verifide CADR
Tall But Slim
The Medify MA-40 is a tall air purifier with 26 inches in length. It is 11 inches wide which makes it quite easy to be placed in a crowded space. It weighs 15 pounds and this is solid enough to avoid wobbling when children or pets play around it. It is also convenient to lift or move as there’s an integrated handle to help you with that. Guess what, the device has corner feet at the bottom which will prevent it from sliding.
High Airflow Rates
The MA-40 air purifier is known for its excellent performance and in big rooms too, up to 800 sq. ft. In a big room, the rear intake draws in unclean air and releases clean fresh air through the front outlet. In this way, the air in the room circulates twice an hour.
The device also delivers fresh air at a speed of 330 cubic feet in one minute. This rate is still at the high end of the CADR scale.
Medical-Grade H13 Filter
The Medify MA-40 filter is a 3-in-one filter that helps to trap allergens, get rid of odors as well as other VOCs. This happens without letting air escape between the layers. The filter also has an activated carbon layer, a true HEPA filter layer, and a pre-filtration layer.
The HEPA filter in this particular air purifier is a medical-grade H13 media and has different levels of efficiency. In this way, it traps 99.97% of 0.3-micron as well as 99.95% of 0.1-micron particles. This makes your air very clean in a way that other purifiers don’t do.
At one of its 3 speeds, a variable-speed fan can circulate the air in a room. As the user, you can choose your preferred speed and let it be static.
You can also switch to a dynamic speed when you put the device on auto mode. For quieter sound, you can set the fan to its lowest speed with the sleep mode. It doesn’t matter which model you choose as the device only uses 52 watts of energy. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about your energy bill.
Air Quality Sensor
With the MA-40’s air quality sensor, you’ll be sure that you are breathing in fresh and clean air. This season helps to detect pollutants and particles even up to 2 5-micron widths.
Once it has detected and measured the volume of such particles in the air, it shows the column on an indicator in front of the screen.
Most times, germs and allergens may be too tiny and invisible. The most efficient air purifier may not even be able to collect it. This is where an ionizer comes in as it helps to collect tiny particles.
It does this by releasing anions that stick to the tiny particles and make them big enough to be collected into the air purifier’s inlet.
There are two other convenience features of the MA-40, apart from the auto mode and sleep mode. The first is a timer which helps you save up energy if you don’t want to run your air purifier all day. You can set the timer to your preferred time and once that time is up, it automatically turns off.
The next feature was made for those who have curious children. The kids may want to play with the air purifier while you’re out.
This feature, which is holding down the lock button prevents the child from changing any settings while you’re out.
Glass-Top Control Panel
How about having an air purifier that’s not susceptible to scratches? The MA-40 has a glass control panel instead of plastic. The panel contains buttons that work with a quick tap and is very easy to use. Whenever you adjust the settings, a soft chime will notify you that the change has been effected.
All the filters are contained in one cartridge and this makes it very easy to change. You can easily pull off the rear access panel and also remove the filter without soiling your hands.
The filters last for 6 months and the panel has an indicator that helps you know when to check it. As long as you maintain the device as supposed to and change the filters regularly, Medify will incur the costs of necessary repairs and faults.
NOTE – besides the models from this brand Medify, you can find some other cheap air purifier reviews on our website.
Because of its weight and size, it would have been nice for the Medify MA-40 to come with wheels. Besides that, it has everything that a top-notch air purifier should have.
Because it is tall yet slim, it saves floor space and has stabilized feet. Its one-piece H13 filter is very easy to use, maintain, and change. The same thing goes for the CADR.
Its 3-speed fan has modes that you can control and the air quality sensor never fails to let you know that you’re breathing clean air.
Everything about the device is just great, starting from the child lock, timer, and right down to the glass top. Adding the lifetime warranty to the features of the MA-40 is just unbelievable.
Medify Air Purifier Reviews: The Other Alternatives
Medify Air MA-14
If you’re seeking an air purifier from Medify at an affordable price, then the Medify Air MA-14 Air Purifier is your best bet. It has a sleek and simple design that makes it a great choice for use in rooms and offices with space of up to 200 square feet. It is also good for bedrooms, nurseries, and personal spaces.
Again, as long as you change the filters every 4 months with original Medify Air filters and practice maintenance, then you have a lifetime warranty.
Medical Grade HEPA H13 Filter
The Medify Air MA-14 has a pre-filter that helps to remove mostly large particles such as pet dander, hair, and fiber. The medical-grade HEPA H13 filter, on the other hand, eliminates 99.97% of tiny particles down to 0.3 microns. This also includes PM2.5 particles such as mold spores, pollen, dust, and smoke.
Control Panel Function
Easily control and access all functions with the control panel. This can be found on the front-facing side of the air purifier:
- Select your preferred from the three fan speeds
- You can use the night light for relaxation
- Turn off all the control panel lights and switch to sleep mode
- Has a lifetime warranty
- Very portable and easy to move around
- Simple and sleek design
- Has an indicator to show when the filter needs change
- Approved by CARB
- Has CADR rating
- Has no activated carbon filter
- There’s no air quality sensor
- Doesn’t support Wi-Fi and Alexa
Medify Air MA-18
The Medify Air MA-18 Air Purifier has a modern design with a lot of convenient features. It has a great medical-grade filter including an ionizer to produce fresh air. The Medify MA-18 in all ramifications purifies the air and eliminates odor in a large room, even up to 380 square feet.
Lifetime Warranty: Medify offers a lifetime warranty to this device as long as you change the filters every four months with original Medify Air filters.
True HEPA Performance
This device uses a 4-stage filtration process that helps to eliminate 99.97% of particles right down to 0.3 microns.
- The pre-filter eliminates large particles such as pet dander, fiber, hair, and so on.
- The medical-grade HEPA H13 filter helps to remove PM2.t such as molds, pollen, dust, and smoke.
- The activated carbon filter removes odors, toxic VOCs, and other harmful odors from cooking.
- The ionizer releases negative ions that help to freshen up the air and clean it. This is a functional option though as you can use the air purifier without it.
Touch Screen Control
Easily control all functions using the touchscreen controls at the top of the air purifier.
- Select your choice of fan speed amongst the three; low, medium, or high.
- Keep track of filter replacement with the indicator light
- Has a lifetime warranty
- The air intake is 360-degree
- Great outlook
- It has a CARB and AHAM rating
- Comes with an ionizer
- Has a child safety lock
- Has no smart features
- There’s no air quality sensor
Medify MA-112 Air Purifier
Medify MA-112 has one of the best technologies and has the most powerful fan of all Medify air purifiers. This device is practically changing how people clean the air.
For one thing, it has a sleek design with upgraded features that helps to eliminate the tiniest of airborne particles in a room up to 2400 square feet. As regards lifetime warranty, it is available for you if you service the device regularly and change the filters every six months with original Medify Air filters.
Automatic Air Quality Upgrades
Technology, as well as design upgrades, can be gotten from everywhere on this unit:
- The air quality indicator changes color to show the improvements or the reduction in air quality. Also, the indicator upgrades in real-time, showing color from poor, average, and then to good.
- If you automatically adjust the fan, it will move at a higher speed when you need it or lower. You can also control the fan and choose if you want it to be low, medium, or high.
- There’s a readout that shows the PM2.5 air quality in digits. The lower the number, the better the air quality. These numbers show how effective the air purifier has cleaned or purified the air. This helps you to breathe in clean air and maintain healthy lungs.
Cleans Air Effectively
This particular air purifier has a CADR rating which is 950. This means that the air purifier fan has been tested and proven to efficiently and effectively clean the air in large spaces. Most air purifiers don’t do this.
The Medify MA-112 is the largest air purifier Medify has produced so far and it covers up to 1,227 square feet. It is quite scarce to see air purifiers out there in the market that can compete with how powerful this device is.
The Medify Air MA-112 has four levels of filtration which it uses to collect and eliminate allergens like dust, pet dander, and many more:
- The pre-filter eliminates fibers, hair, pet dander, and other large particles.
- The next level of filtration is the HEPA H13 filter that eliminates 99.97% of tiny particles down to 0.3 microns. It catches tiny particles in the air which you can’t see and makes the air clean for you to breathe. These particles include pollen and dust mites.
- Then is the carbon filter that had carbon pellets. It helps to get rid of toxic and harmful odors such as smoke.
- The last is the optional anion generator. It releases negative ions to freshen the air.
Having filters on both sides makes this air purifier a very good choice. This is because dirty air is pulled in from both sides, moving to the HEPA H13 filter and then to the carbon filter. In essence, more air is pulled in and filtered faster, thereby giving you more fresh and clean air.
- Lifetime warranty
- Indicator for filter change
- Has wheels
- Clean air distribution, up to 360 degrees
- Energy Star rating
- CARB rating
- Doesn’t support Wi-Fi
- Does not support Alexa
Medify MA-440 Luxury Spa
The Medify MA-440 is an exceptional air purifier that deeply cleanses air with its 4-in-1 design. It is not just an air purifier but also a device that helps to enhance your home health-wise. It has a HEPA filter, carbon filter, and a pre-filter which eliminates odor and tiny particles.
This model also has aromatherapy options, thanks to advanced technology. This makes it a perfect choice for offices, hotels, and homes too.
Get That Spa Experience In Any Room
This air purifier has a lot of features to create a pleasing and relaxing environment, just like a spa:
- Relaxing Sounds: There are several soundscapes to help you relax or sleep peacefully. It has white noise, brown and pink noise, nature aspects, and medication categories. They all help you sleep better.
- Aromatherapy: Select your favorite scent and bask in the euphoria. This feature helps to include a lovely scent to your home, office, hotel room, and so on. There’s vanilla, Island breeze, lavender, eucalyptus, and so on.
- Add Moisture to Your Air: It adds moisture to the air by getting rid of dry air. You don’t even need to wash the tanks or fill them with water as it has a built-in water pump. There’s also a UV bulb to kill bacteria if it is present in the water.
The control pad of this device is quite easy to use. It is a 7-inch touch screen with an easy user interface. You can just place it on your table as it does not have to be on the floor. If there is any problem with any function, it automatically displays and then you’d know what to do.
- Lifetime warranty
- Gives you a spa-like experience
- Enjoy Aromatherapy
- Serves as a humidifier too
- Very portable
- Simple and sleek design
- Had an ionizer
- Just released
- Doesn’t have many online reviews
- Takes up energy
- The cost of changing filters is expensive
- May release ozone
Top Rated Air Purifiers From Other Brands
- Honeywell HPA300 (black)
- Bissell air320 Smart Air Purifier
- Hathaspace smart true HEPA air purifier (HSP001)
- Homedics Total Clean tower air purifier for viruses
- AZEUS air purifier for large room
Medify Air Purifier Buying Questions And Answers
When should you change the filter?
Every 6 months or after 3000 hours of usage. You’d know you should replace it when the filter life indicator turns on.
Does the air purifier remove the odor?
Yes, It is great in removing odor.
Can the filter set be washed?
No, you can only wash the surface with a dry dust cloth.
Does it produce ozone?
It does but in a very substantial amount which is safe.
What is the average coverage?
This depends on the air conditions of the area. For light air, it can be used in a room of 800 square feet.
Does the air purifier remove dust?
Yes, it does because of the true HEPA filter.
Does it remove mold too?
It can get rid of mold, although it cannot control mold growth. The moisture level should be controlled to keep mold in check.
Is this good for smoke removal?
Yes, it gets rid of smoke particles as well as the smell. You should consider room size though, to get the best results
The Medify MA-40 might just be the perfect air purifier for you. It has an excellent build and its performance is super. It can effectively and efficiently get rid of smoke and other toxic pollutants. However, the important thing should be that you’re happy with it.
Follow through the links above and you’ll arrive on each product sales page inside Amazon. There you cask ask more questions to get useful insights from other experienced buyers as well the sellers of each product.
In case you are need of a new vacuum cleaner to upgrade the cleanliness around your home, check out this Shark Rotator NV501 vs Eureka NEU100 Comparison.