With products such as the Rockpals 300W portable power station, you have little or nothing to worry about when it comes to power outages. That’s because you get to live a much easier life with the help of a rechargeable solar power station.
Speaking about portable power stations, they are often referred to as generators. Through the aid of a battery, they can help to charge smartphones, laptops, fans, tablets, and other electrical appliances.
These stations come preloaded with AC outlets, USB charging ports, and DC carport. This will ensure that every single one of your gear gets charged. If you are worried about how to retain the battery life, keep in mind that these power stations can be recharged, most especially used during camping trips.
In this review, we’ll analyze the Rockpals 300W power station and see if it’s worth buying.
How To Buy A Solar Power Station
Before going on to buy a portable power station, it’s advised that you put some important factors into consideration to ensure that you don’t make mistakes. Some of the relevant properties to look out for in a portable power station include:
1. Battery capacity
The key factor which contributes to the fun and adventure that comes with portable power stations is the battery. Before buying, it’s important to check out the capacity of the battery. If the battery capacity is of high quality, it will give you more energy output. After charging it will also last for a longer period of time.
2. Surge Power
The next thing you should bear in mind about a portable power station is the surge power. This refers to the highest amount of power that’s generated from the portable station. Because it’s almost impossible to extract power that’s above the surge rating of your station, it will be best to keep an open mind on the surge station when you’re making a purchase.
Ensure that the station you’re buying is one that you can carry with ease from one location to another. Note that large and heavy stations are everywhere in stores. So, if you aren’t careful, you’ll risk buying a bulky product that doesn’t suit your long trip adventures
Related: Best Solar Pool Ionizer Reviews
The Rockpals 300W Portable Power Station Review
Rockpal is a company that specializes in manufacturing products that reduce some of the electricity problems that consumers encounter. They do so through their range of products that consists of Rockpals solar panels, Rockpals solar generator stations, and more.
Rockpals 300W Features
- Contains a lithium-ion battery of 280 watt-hour
- Used to charge 9 different appliances/ gadgets simultaneously.
- Produces a regular power output of 300 watts 600 watts surge capacity.
- USB outlet port of 2.1amp.
- Consists of USB 3.0 ports 2 quick charges.
- Comes with a warranty period of 1½ years.
Important Details To Know About Rockpals Solar 300W Power Station
This product comes wired to produce a 300-watt power output which is very high. The power comes from a 280 watt-hour battery which can be easily charged using an AC wall socket.
Aside from charging with an AC wall socket, a 60 to 100 watts solar generator can also be used to charge the station. Unlike Jackery and Westinghouse portable power stations which run on a surge capacity of 150 watts, Rockpals operates on a 600 watts surge capacity.
They can also be called Rockpals solar generators because they, just like solar generators, can store the energy absorbed through the solar panels.
Rockpal portable power station consists of a 3-way charging system which includes a car charging, a general AC charging, and solar charging. This power station comes with a warranty period of 1½ years.
When it comes to looks, Rockpals 300W possesses what you may call uneven looks. It has a handle that allows you to lift it up with ease. You’ll also notice the three different outlets for charging.
Charging The Rockpal 300W Power Station
If you’re willing to get the most of this portable station, then you should consider charging it through its 110v connection. This happens to be the easiest and quickest way of charging it because it takes approximately 4 to 5 hours to get fully charged. If you opt to charge it through the 100W solar panel, you’d spend some more time because the time can extend up to 6 to 12 hours.
What we like
- Rockpals 300W has a very good power capacity of about 300 watts. Nexpow portable power station runs on a capacity of 120 watts which is pretty low.
- Several outlet ports to charge with.
What’s not so great
- It’s one of, if not the most expensive portable power station.
- The warranty period of 1½ years seems very short compared to the Suaoki brand which offers a solid 2-year warranty.
Verdict: Should you buy the Rockpals 300W Portable Power Station?
Aside from every other factor, this power station has been proven to be very efficient and effective as regards charging your appliances faster. Also, it guarantees the safety of both users and devices, making sure that you don’t risk short circuit and overcharging issues.
Other Related Products Worth Considering
Rockpals 250 watts portable generator
Experiencing power outage shouldn’t be a reason why you’re suddenly left stranded. Power outages mean suffering spoiled meals in addition to the total blackout of your devices such as phones, PC, refrigerators, and more.
Rockpals 250 watts portable generator is a generator used for emergency purposes that involves a shortage of power supply just as we’ve explained already.
This product runs on running watts of 250 and a surge capacity of 300 watts.its Filled with lots of charging options such as USB 2.1A, Dual AC output, built-in 2x, and 12V ports.
Rockapals 250 Features and Specs
- Runs on a large capacity of 60Ah, a high-quality power pack of 12V 18.5Ah, and 3.7V/ 240W.
- Has control of temperature for surge, overpowers protection, and short circuit.
- The electricity generated is clean.
- Repowered with the help of the sun by attaching a solar panel that’s very compatible.
Jackery Explorer 1000 portable Power Station Review
The Jackery Explorer 1000 portable power station product can be classified as the biggest portable power station from Jackery. This power station runs on a capacity of 1002Wh, multiple charging/ recharging ports, and of course, 1000W surge capacity. It can comfortably take the place of a power supply, thanks to its outstanding features.
Jackery Explorer 1000 Features And Specs
- Has a home backup power supply which makes it possible for you to charge your laptops, CPAP, phones, radios, torchlights, and other rechargeables.
- Provides an off-grid solar energy generator that ensures you can effectively recharge from AC outlets as well as 12v vehicle accessory ports.
- Great support for outdoor parties through an adequate generation of power.
- Produces a higher output of about 1000 wattage and a larger capacity of 10002wh.
Rockpals 300W Portable Power Station: The FAQs
What is the best portable power station for camping?
Some of the best portable power station for camping include:
- Best compact power station: Jackery explorer.
- Best multi-functional power station: Maxoak Bluetti AC50.
- Best power station overall: EGO Nexus (3000 W)
- Best gas-powered station: WEN 56203i Inverter Generator.
- Best mid-size power station: Goal Zero Yeti 400.
What is the best portable power source?
When it comes to choosing the best portable power source, we take a look at so many brands which include:
- PowerOak 400Wh Portable Power Generator
- Audew 500Wh Portable Power Station.
- Polaroid PS600 Portable Power Supply
- Paxcess 151Wh Portable Power Supply.
- Paxcess 280W Portable Power Charger.
- Goal Zero Yeti 400 Portable Power Supply.
- ChargeTech Portable AC battery Pack.
How long does a portable power station last?
An inverter generator used for recreational purposes can run a TV set for close to 3 to 9 hours. And that’s the same way a portable power station will run it if it’s placed under similar conditions. In this case, you only need to ensure that the portable power station is properly charged. Doing so guarantees that it will run effectively.
Can a yeti 400 power a TV?
A yeti 400 is appropriate if it’s going to be used indoors. It’s very suitable for running a smaller sized refrigerator and it can do so for over 17 hours. Also, some LCD TV sets can be powered by a Yeti 400 for a period of 10 hours. This is also accompanied by a steady light supply which could last for days. Yeti 400, just like Rockpals portable power station, runs a 3 outlet charging capacity which consists of the carport, wall outlet, and solar energy.
Final thoughts on buying a portable power station
If you’ve ever wanted a means that will help you do away with the constant disappointments that come with your regular electricity supplier, Rockpals 300W will help you achieve that. A Rockpals sale is always something to look out for as there will always be very products to choose from.