Just like in every other city around, furnace humidifier installation cost in Florida is usually between $396 and $716. That is way too much you might think, but considering the many benefits it has on our health and overall wellbeing one might say it’s a price worth paying.
A humidifier is an electrical device used to raise the humidity in a room or a whole building. It is used to keep the home warm and comfy especially during winter when the air is usually dry.
Humidifiers add moisture to the air and itchiness in many parts of the body such as the skin, the nose, the lips, and the throat.
Point-of-use humidifiers and furnace humidifiers are the two basic types of humidifiers used in the home. While point-of-use humidifiers are used to increase the moisture content in a single room, furnace humidifiers are used to humidify the whole house.
Other types of humidifiers include central humidifiers, impeller humidifiers, evaporators, steam vaporizers, and ultrasonic humidifiers.
A furnace humidifier is placed on a furnace and warm air is drawn into the humidifier where it sucks up moisture from an evaporator pad. The air, now rich in moisture, is dispersed back through the vents of the home. The furnace humidifiers are installed with the HVAC system to dispense moisture throughout the entire house.
A furnace humidifier is a kind of whole-house humidifier.
They operate either by keeping a reservoir of water, by creating steam to add to the airflow from the furnace, or by using a fresh water supply.
Whole-home humidifiers are controlled by an internal humidistat which assesses the moisture content of the air and the system when the humidity drops below the set point. This reduces the risk of over-humidifying the house which can have adverse effects.
Types of Furnace Humidifiers
There are basically three types of furnace humidifiers and the type an individual would choose from depends mainly on the type of furnace currently installed in the house and on the person’s budget.
They do not have any motors of their own and they depend on air from the furnace’s blower to pick up moisture as it moves through the water panel before circulating via the ductwork.
This type is usually functional only when the furnace is running. The advantage of this system is that it uses little energy, and has a reduced chance of breaking down because most of its parts are immovable.
Unlike Bypass humidifiers, flow-through units have their own fans. As air moves through the furnace’s air supply, it is blown over the water panel to gather air. It can add moisture to the air and disperse moist air even when the furnace blower is not active.
This type of furnace humidifier heats water to create steam. This steam is then dispensed together with air from the furnace. steam furnaces cost more money because they are very effective in moisturizing the air in the room.
A humidifier Gauge is used in calculating the amount of humidity in a house, making sure humidity is held at a set level.
Excess humidity can be detrimental to the health of people in the house. It encourages the build-up of spores and mold in the house. In the winter, it is advisable to ensure that humidity level is kept between 30% to 40% – examine the gauge to be certain humidity in the home is kept at an ideal level.
A humidifier Gauge is priced at $25-$80.
Before purchasing a humidifier for your home, seek out the advice of an expert to make sure the humidifier is fit for your present heating and cooling system. Before making a final decision, get an estimate from three or more experts- this will enable you to determine the prices within your location to avoid being excessively charged.
Related: Best Filterless Humidifiers Reviews
Benefits of Furnace Humidifiers
- Keeping the air humidified keeps the floor and furniture smooth prevents the wallpaper from peeling and minimizes static electricity.
- It promotes healthy skin by preventing dryness and chapped lips.
- A furnace humidifier reduces energy usage because the furnace may not work as hard.
- Keeping the air humidified keeps you comfy and warm.
- Furnace humidifiers offer a regular climate of moist air and do not need to be refilled daily and turned back on to operate.
- It is particularly helpful for individuals experiencing health challenges from overly dry air. Humidifiers provide them with relief from dry air and asthma symptoms caused by dry air.
- Humidifiers can increase the ability of an individual to fight infections, particularly during the winter, thereby improving the overall health of such a person.
- Whole-house humidifiers require minimal maintenance.
- Installing a furnace humidifier can help save money on energy costs.
Downsides To Furnace Humidifiers
- Many health issues arise as a result of too much humidity. Excess humidity causes uncomfortable dampness in the air and worsens respiratory problems.
- Dirty humidifiers encourage the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Whole-house humidifiers can cause burns especially in kids
- Too much expulsion can cause condensation on the walls creating an avenue for molds to grow and spread throughout the house.
- The excess level of relative humidity resulting from the overuse of humidifiers can lead to the growth of dust mites and could cause hypersensitivity pneumonitis.
What makes the home so dry?
The answer to the question above is two words: air conditioners one word: furnace if we are talking winter. These are considerable ways of keeping the home cozy all year round, but the bad news is that they dehydrate the house. Not as a primary function of course but as a byproduct of its many processes. Whichever way, the fact remains that they dehumidify leaving everywhere extremely dry.
Furnace Humidifier Installation Cost: The Comparison Guide
An average homeowner in Florida spends around $541 to install a humidifier. Depending on the size of your home and on the model you chose to use, the cost of purchasing and installing a Furnace Humidifier ranges as low as $200 to as high as $1000.
The typical price range is $396 to $716.
Average units would cost about $100 to $300, while more expensive options cost $500 to $1,100. As earlier mentioned, the cost of humidifiers depends largely on the type. Steam is the most expensive($300 to $1,100) followed by the flow-through systems($200 to $300) while the Drum models are the cheapest (costs around $150 to $250).
The type you choose also determines the cost of installation. Usually, the cost of installing high-end models is more expensive than other types of humidifiers.
With this basic information, you should be able to request furnace humidifier installation quotes in Florida. And then make comparisons while taking your current needs into account.
Related: Best Evaporative Humidifier Reviews
Furnace Humidifier Pricing And Installation Cost Checklist
- Get about 4-5 quotations from different contractors before employing the services of a Furnace Humidifier HVAC engineer- normally, one does not get charged for estimates, except it is a call for a repair.
- Various companies have different operation costs and overhead. Anticipate variations in the cost of Furnace Humidifier installation between different HVAC companies
- Seek out prices in late Fall, early Winter – during a contractor’s down season, a massive price reduction is expected.
- While making allocations, add 7% – 15% more to the calculator’s estimate. Mechanical area space, difficult configurations, and the additional complexity of the home will tend to increase the price of Furnace Humidifiers.
- Drop-in or call every supply house that markets your peculiar quality of Furnace Humidifiers and try to bargain a better price with each one.
- In the US, there are different types of homes ranging from Colonia, bungalow, contemporary, cape-cod style, branch, Victorian, etc. With this in mind, it is advisable to increase your budget a little more before embarking on your humidifier project so you do not run out of money in the process.
Labor Costs For Installing Humidifier
Having a Furnace humidifier installed professionally would normally cost around $100 -$300. This cost varies based on the general cost of labor in your location, it could be more in some places and less in other places.
The prices are also determined by the elaborateness of the project, the level of expertise of technicians, and the national average.
Related: Best Humidifier Repair Services In California
Factors to consider when looking at furnace humidifier installation cost
- While looking forward to installing a Furnace humidifier, the owner should begin by checking the unit’s capacity. The desired capacity should depend greatly on the size of the house. You should employ the services of an expert to make sure that the right capacity of a humidifier is chosen for your home.
- If you want to exercise control over the humidity output of the device, you should look out for humidifiers with a humidistat. You might also consider getting one with a hygrometer which allows you to keep records of relative humidity.
- Different types of humidifiers might require different levels of maintenance. If you do not wish to spend a lot of money and time on maintenance, you should consider getting a low maintenance cost humidifier.
- Location is another key consideration while choosing a humidifier. If you are to install it in a basement, it is spacious enough to contain any size and the technician would have less trouble assessing the ducts but if you are to install it in a closet your options will be limited because of lack of space and difficulty in assessing ducts.
In addition to all these, the same way brands of humidifiers differ in prices, the cost of installation also differs for different installation companies. Some of the humidifier installations near me :
- Humidifier installation pros in Tampa FL
- Sears HVAC installation services
- Wortman Central Air
- Florida City heating and cooling specialist
Maintaining A Furnace Humidifier
The type of care and maintenance depends greatly on the type of humidifier you choose. While some are low-cost maintenance and require little work, others are more expensive to maintain and would cost a lot of your time unless of course, you are willing to pay in exchange for the time.
For instance, drum units, unlike other ducted units, require strict regular maintenance. Over time, the interior components of the humidifier get covered with a hard crust of mineral deposits and dirt.
At a point, if this crust is left uncleaned, it will partially obstruct airflow through the unit thereby decreasing the quantity of moisture added to the air. If this is ignored for a long time, it could lead to a complete breakdown of the system.
These products saved water bills because there is no water wastage.
Flow-through assemblies are low-cost maintenance humidifiers. This is because there are no water receptacles, and specks of dirt and mineral deposits don’t get clogged up inside the unit.
Cleaning of the system could be carried out seasonally to prevent the growth of bacteria and other harmful microorganisms.
On a normal basis, flow-through assemblies use more water than a drum-type humidifier and therefore lead to an increase in water bills.
Steam humidifiers are the easiest to maintain. They do not require regular cleaning or repair. Cleaning the unit twice, at the beginning of the season and the end of the season is enough to keep it running efficiently.
However because it makes use of a heating system, it is advisable to get your steam humidifier installed only by a professional.
Irrespective of the type of humidifier you choose to install, ensure to turn off the device at the end of each season. If they are not turned off, it could impair the function of your central air conditioner.
As mentioned earlier, the furnace humidifier installation cost in Florida is between $396 and $716. That is way too much you might think but, considering the many benefits it has on our health and overall wellbeing, one might say it’s a price worth paying.
If you are a homeowner seeking to install humidifiers in the home, you should carefully compare the furnace humidifier installation cost of different brands and different installation companies.
This is necessary before you decide which works best for you. So you do not spend beyond your budget or get stuck with one that does not meet your needs.
Related: 15 Best HVAC Installation Service Providers In Texas